Types Of Car Accidents
Each year, thousands of motor vehicle accidents occur across the country, and many of them happen right here in Austin. These crashes happen for a variety of reasons and in a variety of ways, but in most cases, the results are the same — someone suffers injuries or a family loses a loved one.
These Types Of Crashes Occur Most Often
Even though an accident can happen in any number of ways, some are more common than others are. Below are the most often seen types of car crashes:
- Head-on collisions occur when two vehicles traveling in opposing directions collide. They may happen when one driver ends up driving the wrong way down a roadway.
- Rear-end collisions occur when one vehicle slams into the rear of the one in front of it. Many people consider these minor “fender benders,” but depending on the circumstances, the impact can be devastating.
- T-bone collisions occur when the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another. These crashes often happen at intersections where a driver ran a red light, failed to obey a stop sign or otherwise failed to yield the right of way to another vehicle.
- Sideswipe collisions occur when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. These crashes often happen when a driver fails to clear a blind spot or fails to look in the rearview or side mirror before changing lanes. A driver may allow his or her vehicle to drift out of the lane into the path of the other vehicle.
- Rollover collisions occur when a vehicle flips over during an accident. These crashes involve a high rate of fatalities for obvious reasons, and many involve SUVs, vans or pickup trucks with high centers of gravity.
If you became the victim of a car accident, you may incur substantial financial losses as a result. Regardless of the type of crash, if you believe that the other driver’s negligence led to your injuries and the related damages, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact David Komie Law, either through our online contact form or at 512-338-0900.